Helpful Links to Feminist / Women’s Information and news online:
The National Abortion Federation – The National Abortion Federation (NAF) is the professional association of abortion providers in North America. We believe that women should be trusted to make private medical decisions in consultation with their health care providers. NAF currently offers quality training and services to abortion providers and unbiased information and referral services to women.
The New York Abortion Access Fund – this fund provides financial help for women from New York or coming to the New York Area for abortion services.
The Haven Coalition – The Haven Coalition helps women who are traveling to New York City for abortions by providing meals, a place to sleep, and transportation to and from the clinic. Haven works with women who are receiving two-day abortion care at ParkMed Physicians (800-346-5111), Westside Women’s Medical Pavilion (212-333-5000) or Planned Parenthood NYC (212-965-7000).
When you call for your appointment or arrive at your clinic, tell them that you will need a place to sleep for the night between your appointments. The clinic will contact a Haven Coalition volunteer to pick you up from the clinic and take you to her home for the night. The volunteer will also escort you back to the clinic the next morning.
The Book of Choices – NARAL – The Book of Choices is a comprehensive, online resource guide that provides information about abortion and pregnancy to women in New York State. This guide offers information about where to get an abortion; what you need to know before getting an abortion; and resources for women choosing to continue their pregnancy. In addition, this guide provides information on preventing pregnancy, including different contraceptive methods.
We are made up of pro-choice women and men across the United States. Together, we protect a woman’s right to choose. How do we protect the right to choose, exactly?
- We lobby Congress to convince your elected representatives to support your right to choose.
- We organize women and men to make sure that lawmakers hear from the pro-choice people they represent.
- We connect what happens in Congress or in the states to how it affects your ability to make private decisions, like choosing legal abortion.
- We work with our state affiliates to advance ideas that are good for women’s freedom. We fight back against the bad ideas that threaten our privacy.
- NARAL Pro-Choice America uses the political process to elect lawmakers who share our pro-choice values and defeat candidates who don’t.